My sister Sula was an avid genealogist. She spent hours in the musty basements of courthouses looking for clues of our heritage. She sparked my interest in the fact finding and desire of answering the gene questions. But I must admit I do most of my searching online.
While filling the holes and gaps with new found knowledge is exciting, finding the “dirt” or “horse thieves” in the family takes the cake. Recently while working on my wife’s family line, imagine my surprise when my paternal fifth great grandparents names popped up! She also has the same paternal fifth grandparents! Which I think makes us sixth cousins?!?!
My Family Tree
- Agnes White (1765-1817) (my 5thGreat Grandmother) married Zachariah Warren (1763-1817) (my 5thGreat Grandfather).
- Sarah Ann (Sally) Warren (1783-1854) married Edmund Hendley Richards Sr (1783-1840)
- Edward Nathaniel Richards (1804-1180) married Janie C Stewart (1798-1870)
- Peter Warren Richards (1823-1917) married Elizabeth ‘Eliza Lizzie’ Warren (1828-1850)
- Peterson Warren Richards (1850-1907) married Sarah Ann Wolfe (1854-1925)
- William Oliver Richards (1872-1915) married Pheobe Ann Rogers (1878-1925)
- Earl Richard (1907-1978) married Nan Marie Edmonds (1933-1978)
Her Family Tree
- Agnes White (1765-1817) (her 5thGreat Grandmother) married Zachariah Warren (1763-1817) (her 5thGreat Grandfather).
- Zephanian L. Warren (1792-1864) married Eleanor Reese Evans (1797-1840)
- Lucy Jane Warren (@1840-?) married John Thomas Butts (1834-1914)
- John W. Butts (1861-1937) married Barbara Ellen Sails (1861-1928)
- Rosa E Butts ((1890-1969) married Hubert Leander Stogsdill (1879-1930)
- Hubert Leo Stogsdill Sr (1910-1945) married Caroline May Gutch (1911-2002)
- Hubert Leo Stogsdill Jr (1930-2014) married Gaylia Eulene Kenslow (1931-2015)
Copyright Roy Richard